Whisper

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Having Fun With Chairs

Yes, it's true.... I really like to reupholster chairs. They are actually getting much easier for me. Horray! It's taken a lot of practice to get to this point. Here is the latest set of chairs I've reupholstered.

I started with some nice sturdy chairs that I picked up at a garage sale.

One of them had very good springs but the other had to be extensively repaired.

After all the repairs and restuffing comes the fun part, applying the fabric.

I found this great French print fabric. Just in case you were wondering; in English this means, "Make Yourself At Home".

These chairs didn't even make it into the store. They sold right away to a friend of a friend and I couldn't be happier! It's nice to think that other people like your work.

2 comments:

  1. Where did you find the fabric for that chair?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diana -- this was a special order fabric through Joanne's Fabric. It comes in several colors.

      Delete